Required sources to ace USMLE step 1
- Max: 6 or 8 hrs
- Average: 4 hrs
- Minimum: 1 hr
2014 is the recommended version, but for Pharma use 2010 version and for pathology use Pathoma videos.
- Kaplan High Yield
Fundamentals of Pathology by Hussain A. Sattar
USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes
Watch the videos and make your notes then refer to First Aid to read the topic carefully and add these notes.
Kaplan Book and then read each chapter from First Aid to know the most high yield points in Kaplan book.
First Aid, but do general pharma from Kaplan book.
Pathoma Videos and Book, and read FA after each chapter. NB: add diseases (that present only in pathoma)
to FA, and on revision from FA refer to pthoma to revise these
- Neuro Science:
Kaplan Book. high yield is good but is loaded with too much useless information.
First Aid. Kaplan book if u want to understand something deeply.
First Aid + (diagnostic technics in genetics) which are the Last 3 chapters in Kaplan.
First Aid + Anatomy Shelf notes book
- Behavioral Sciences:
2-Epidemiology, statistics and Ethics:
1-USMLE RX: after finishing each subject
2-Kaplan Q bank: after finishing
3-U World: after finishing
4-100 case of Conrad Fisher for Ethics
How to use Q banks?
- Read the question then choose, after that estimate your answer
whether it is correct or wrong.
- Read the explanation of correct answers carefully.
- While explanation of wrong answers: during USMLE Rx it is not important to read. Kaplan Q bank and U World read these explanation to collect more information.
- At the end of explanations there is something called educational objective, read it carefully and add this information to FA.
- Mark each point in FA that u was asked about in Q banks, for example: you have a question about tumor markers of colorecatal carcinoma, refer to FA and mark this information.
- 10 to 12 Months
- Online NBMEs
- Finish your study and USMLE Rx, then Kaplan Q Bank, then NBME. After that do U World and finally NBME.
after doing 1st NBME, you will get a report that shows your weak points, do U World and master your weak points. after finishing U World do the second NBME.
- if u get a good score in the 2nd NBME do ur real test.
- But if you got a low score reschedule ur exam date and master U World for the second time, finally do the 3rd NBME.