Today in this article we will share Experience of ORE Part 1 Exam by Dr. Bushra Fatima. She took her exam on 3rd and 4th of August and she was able to clear the Exam. So here is her experience to clear ORE Part 1 Exam.
By the grace of Almighty Allah, i have cleared it in first attempt. It was not an easy journey i would say but consistent hardwork and focused and exam oriented study with proper guidance can make it possible. Thank you Dania, my batch mate who solved many feedbacks with me on weekly basis and yes, many were asked and repeated in our exam. And very special thanks to London Academy of Career Development from where i got proper guidance to pass this exam in first go.
I was stuck with IELTS writing and finally i did it in March 2017, after that i started this online course . My tutor was simply amazing. On weekly basis , she delivered lectures and made it possible for me to cover huge course of ORE in a period of 4 months only. She never gave a long list of books to study , obviously it is not possible to retain 12- 15 books.
Books to be followed for ORE:
1. Pink Book (Oxford hand book of clinical dentistry pink book..6th edition) ( veryy very Imp)
2. Blue book (Oxford hand book of dental sciences) ( almost whole book except physiology section)
3. Vander s Physiology( selective units)
4. Soames and cowson( selective topics for oral patho and Oral Medicine)
5. Churchill pocket book ( Studied very little but used as reference book)
6. Eric whates for radiology ( selective topics and pictures)
7. Scully (few topics like Anemia and Local anesthesia and few diseases)
8. Master dentistry volume 1, 2, 3 ( i bought but never opened)
Then BDA sheets, Scottish guidelines, Youngs guide for periodontics and solved many feed backs.
I scored 74 in Paper A ( graded as Excellent pass) and 67 in Paper B(good pass).
Duration of Preparation for ORE:
I would suggest beginners to study atleast 4-6 months for this exam and would highly recommend London Academy of Career Development for preparatory course.
Don’t run towards Fancy names, they charge a lot and i am amazed how they can teach vast syllabus of ORE within 2 -4 days.
One more suggestion. It is good to have a study partner but if you don’t have, don’t feel disappointed as i did my whole preparation alone, just solved feed backs with my friend. Facebook and whats app groups are very informative, they really helped me in clearing my doubts, so join these groups and try to participate in discussions. And try to help each other. No one can steal your marks, even if you help some one, it may improve your skills and concepts.
Wish you Good luck all , specially to those who are appearing in April,18. Pray for my Part 2 as well . Thanks
You May also like to Read:
- Experience of ORE 2017 by Eslam Essam Mansour
- Syllabus of ORE Part 1
- Course Outline of ORE Part 1
- Content of ORE Part 1a
- Topics to be covered for ORE Part 1 Paper B