Download Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF Free
Fully revised and updated for the new edition, the Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry provides the most up-to-date information clinically relevant to the doctor on the ground. Using a presentation-based format it provides detailed advice on clinical decision making after diagnosis. This handbook is an indispensable companion for any professional working in psychiatric medicine.
Covering all major psychiatric conditions and sub-specialties, this handbook provides practical and comprehensive guidelines and in-depth coverage of psychiatric assessment, psychopathology, evidence-based practice, therapeutic issues, and transcultural psychiatry. Fully up-to-date with the latest revisions of the DSM-IV and the ICD10, it is indexed alphabetically by classification codes and acute presentations for quick access. It reflects the recent major changes to psychiatric training and examination as well as the latest drug information. Reviewed by experienced clinicians, and revised by Specialist Trainees, this handbook not only gives expert advice for psychiatry professionals, but is also directly relevant to trainees in psychiatry. For the third edition, new information includes guidance on Adult ADHD, information on new drugs of abuse (e,g, GBL, GHB, mephodrone), and clinical decision-making in the prison setting. With such broad coverage and depth of guidance, this is the must-have pocket guide for all professionals and trainees working in psychiatry.
REVIEW FROM PREVIOUS EDITION: “…THIS BOOK IS A SOLID CONTENDER IN A SEA OF SIMILAR HANDBOOKS, AND READERS WILL FIND THAT ITS PERIODIC BRITISH NOMENCLATURE DOES NOT COMPROMISE ITS APPLICABILITY TO AMERICAN PSYCHIATRY……THE OXFORD HANDBOOK OF PSYCHIATRY OFFERS A MORE IMPRESSIVE BREADTH OF EVIDENCE-BASED MATERIAL AND WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE A RESOURCE FOUND IN THE POCKETS OF MANY PRACTITIONERS.”
–Portable Psychiatry: Praise and Aspirations for the Oxford Handbook, American Psychological Association, by Michelle Braun
Features of Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Provides practical advice on all aspects of general adult psychiatry and other psychiatric sub-specialties
- Updated to ensure direct relevance for trainees and students in psychiatry as well as psychiatry professionals.
- Fully revised from a disorder-based to presentation-based format
- Updated in response to the latest revisions of the DSM-IV and the ICD10
- Substance misuse and forensic psychiatry chapters fully revised to ensure direct relevence for trainees as well as psychiatry professionals
- Fully revised to cover latest changes in mental health legislation, and major changes in psychiatric practice, training and examinations
- New information included on Adult ADHD, new drugs of abuse (e.g. GBL, GHB, mephodrone), coverage of assessment/treatment orders, and clinical decision making in a prison setting.
- App available from the App Store, Google Play, and MedHand Bookstore
Dr. David Semple (Author)
Dr David Semple was born and educated in Coleraine, Northern Ireland, studying Medicine at the University of Edinburgh from 1987-1992. He trained in Psychiatry in the Borders/South East Scotland during which time he conducted research funded by Wellcome into the long-term effects of ecstasy. During his time as a Lecturer/Specialist Registrar based at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital/University of Edinburgh he wrote the first edition of the Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry with a group of friends including close collaborator Dr Roger Smyth. Dr Semple was appointed to his current post as a Consultant General Adult Psychiatrist at Hairmyres Hospital in 2004.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF:
1. Thinking about psychiatry
2. Psychiatric assessment
3. Symptoms of psychiatric illness
4. Evidence-based psychiatry
5. Organic illness
6. Schizophrenia and related psychoses
7. Depressive illness
8. Bipolar illness
9. Anxiety and stress-related disorders
10. Eating and impulse-control disorders
11. Sleep disorders
12. Sexual disorders
13. Personality disorders
14. Old age psychiatry
15. Substance misuse
16. Child and adolescent psychiatry
17. Forensic psychiatry
18. Learning disability
19. Liaison psychiatry
21. Legal issues
22. Transcultural psychiatry
23. Therapeutic issues
24. Difficult and urgent situations
25. Useful resources
26. ICD-10/DSM-IV index
Below are the technical specifications of Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF:
- Series: Oxford Medical Handbooks
- Flexibound: 1057 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 3 edition (May 5, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780199693887
- ISBN-13: 978-0199693887
- ASIN: 0199693889
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 1.5 x 4.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF using our direct links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded a genuine PDF ebook copy of this book to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a blazing-fast and safe downloading experience.
Here’s the cover image preview of Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF:
File Size: 20 MB
You might also be interested in:
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry 3rd Edition PDF for free now:
Kindly support us by sharing this Post with your friends.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.