Download OnExamination MRCP Part 1 2023 PDF Free
Today in this article we will share stuff related to MRCP Part 1. We will share here the links where you will be able to Read and Download OnExamination MRCP Part 1 2016.
OnExamination MRCP Part 1 2016:
These OnExamination MRCP Part 1 contains 247 MCQs which are exams based with keys and explanations. So it will cover part of your course and will provide you with Practice to solve MCQs Plus you can read explanations given at the bottom of each question.
First we will share few questions and explanations and then we will share you the complete File where you will be able to Read and Download it. Bellow are the few Questions:
01: A 34-year-old woman is admitted to the Emergency Department following a collapse. An ECG shows a polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. Which one of the following is not associated with an increased risk of developing torsade de pointes?
A. Tricyclic antidepressants
B. Subarachnoid haemorrhage
D. Romano-Ward syndrome
Hypocalcaemia, not hypercalcaemia, causes prolongation of the QT interval and hence may predispose to the development of torsade de pointes
Long QT syndrome
Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is an inherited condition associated with delayed repolarization of the ventricles. It is important to recognise as it may lead to ventricular tachycardia and can therefore cause collapse/sudden death.
The most common variants of LQTS (LQT1 & LQT2) are caused by defects in the alpha subunit of the slow delayed rectifier potassium channel. A normal corrected QT interval is less than 430 ms in males and 450 ms in females.
Causes of a prolonged QT interval:
- May be picked up on routine ECG or following family screening
- Long QT1 – usually associated with exertional syncope, often swimming
- Long QT2 – often associated with syncope occurring following emotional stress, exercise or auditory stimuli
- Long QT3 – events often occur at night or at rest
- Sudden cardiac death
- Avoid drugs which prolong the QT interval and other precipitants if appropriate (e.g. Strenuous exercise)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators in high risk cases
*the usual mechanism by which drugs prolong the QT interval is blockage of potassium channels.
**a non-sedating antihistamine and classic cause of prolonged QT in a patient, especially if also taking P450 enzyme inhibitor, e.g. Patient with a cold takes terfenadine and erythromycin at the same time
***Note sotalol may exacerbate long QT syndrome
So it was only one question from these Notes. There are total 247 Questions, these Notes can be essential part of your prep.
Before sharing you the link to download it we have other useful stuff related to MRCP which you may like to Read:
- Step Up To MRCP Review Note For Part I & Part II By Dr Khaled El Magraby (Download PDF)
- Important Points to Remember for MRCP, AMC, USMLE and FCPS (Download Pdf)
- PassMedicine Notes for MRCP Part 1 2017 with Key Points by Dr. Mohamed Sayed Abdelnabi (Download Pdf free)
- Download Elzohry-MRCP Questions OnExamination Pdf
Download OnExamination MRCP Part 1 2016 PDF:
We have uploaded these Notes in Google Drive where you can Read and Download it.
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately.