Wright’s Behavior Management in Dentistry for Children PDF Free Download (Direct Link)
Guiding patient behavior is as important as ever for the practicing dentist, and the behavior of pediatric patients is perhaps the most challenging to manage, especially in today’s modern society characterized by its diversity and unlimited access to information. The Third Edition of Wright’s Behavior Management in Dentistry for Children delivers an up-to-date discussion of modern techniques for managing the behavior of pediatric dental patients.
The book addresses the influence of family and parenting styles on children’s behavior and the factors that determine how children behave in the dental office. Pharmacological and non-pharmacological management techniques are described in depth, as are techniques for dealing with special needs patients. Clinical case scenarios are described throughout the book, with practical application of the taught principles. The final part of the book covers the dental environment¯training office personnel to manage children’s behavior, practical considerations for behavior guidance, and the effects of the physical dental office environment.
The new edition adds brand-new information on parent management, discussing the unique characteristics of modern parents and millennials and cultural competence utilizing techniques such as motivational interviewing and empathetic listening, amongst other methods. New sections include the use of hypnosis and magic to guide children through their dental treatment.
Wright’s Behavior Management in Dentistry for Children remains the leading book on the management of children’s behavior in the dental context. Readers will also benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to understanding key moments in child development as well as their behavior in the dental office
- An examination of establishing a dental home and non-pharmacologic approaches to behavior management
- Treatment of children with disabilities in the dental setting and tips to parents for proper homecare
- Understanding the rapidly evolving societal influence on the contemporary family and its impact on treating the pediatric patient
- How to deal with the Internet: information, misinformation, and negative online reviews
Wright’s Behavior Management in Dentistry for Children is an essential reference for pediatric dentists, general dentists, dental students, and dental hygienists who frequently encounter child patients in their dental offices.